Hand Pies Given With Heart
Hello to all my customers and those who have recently subscribed to my newsletter.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this:
On December 24th at 4:00 pm, I am going to get into my car and drive hot meat pies to families that may have nothing to eat, or very little hope this Christmas Eve.
I am going to purchase the flour, meat, and vegetables. My staff and I will be making the hand pies leading up to Christmas and freeze them. I will include a few hearty varieties to fill the belly in addition to the Ham + Swiss which mostly all children love. Pies will be baked and boxed beautifully on Christmas Eve and personally delivered to struggling families. It is my goal to deliver hot meat pies to 10 families on this night.
How Can You Help?
- NOTIFY ME OF A FAMILY
- a single parent who is really just trying to do his best and having difficulty
- a family with many kids struggling to make ends meet
- a youth who is out there on his/her own
- a person/family who has lost someone at Christmas time and really doesn’t cope well during this time of year.
- someone who is addicted to cocaine, heroine or methadone who is currently unable to access services right now
- a single or elderly person who possibly has no one this Christmas who might enjoy a visit from me and a hot meal
someone who might not be currently accessing services in Thunder Bay but who you think would really benefit.
To notify me of a person or family, please email at email@example.com
- BUTTER The main ingredient in my pies is butter. I require butter to make the pie dough—and need lots of it. If you have a brick of butter (one pound, preferably salted) to spare, I would greatly appreciate this donation.
Tuesday-Friday 9:30 am-5:30 pm and Saturday 9-5
- YOUR TIME/YOUR VEHICLE
Are you free at 4:00 on Christmas Eve for one hour? Do you drive? I need help driving the pies to the families. Volunteers will meet with me at the pie.ology kitchen on Christmas Eve at 4:00. We will bundle up and drive out together to make our deliveries.
If you are able to donate your time to help deliver pies with me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is hard to know what to do sometimes when the headlines are so awful, both abroad and right here in our own community in Thunder Bay. My commercial kitchen is located right beside the Food Bank (St Vincent De Paul) and a block away from the Homeless Shelter. While there are many food drives for canned items, fundraisers, toy drives, coat drives--there is no/very little hot food being delivered for children, youth and families except for the Salvation Army Soup Truck, but even still-- you must go to it. I want to change this concept. Little acts, such as remembering someone can offer a seed of hope. And hope is everything.
Warmly + Sincerely,
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
pre-order for Saturday November 25
CRANBERRY ORANGE HAND PIES
Little round hand held pies as pictured above. Tart and mildly sweet with a heart cut out. Really delicious warm with vanilla ice cream on the side.
Sandy Acre Farms beef + pork with creamy potato, onion and sage, savoury and allspice. Classic French Canadian Meat Pie.
THE HAM + SWISS
Was not planning on having this back for awhile but the requests for this little guy have been unreal so I thought I would make everyone happy this Saturday!! :)
Smoked Ham, Thunder Oak Cheese Farm Swiss + Monterey + Cheddar
To order please email Liesl at email@example.com
Prior to Thursday November 23 at 6 pm.
Thank you for your orders!
Project Christmas Eve UPDATE coming soon as well as the Christmas Pre-Order Menu! Stay tuned :)